Jump to Footer

Undergraduate Admissions

International undergraduates may pursue bachelor's degrees in near 50 majors or programs. 

When to Apply for Admission

Western New England University has a "rolling" admissions policy, not a set admission deadline, which gives students greater flexibility in applying. Admission decisions are typically released within three weeks of your application being complete. The University urges prospective international students to apply as early as possible in relation to the anticipated start date to ensure sufficient time process all of the necessary paperwork for purposes of a student visa.

Admissions Requirements

  • Apply Online‚ or through the Common Application.
  • Submit additional materials, including:
    • Copy of high school transcripts in English
    • Copy of your passport
    • Proof of English proficiency – to see all the ways to meet this requirement, click here
    • Letter of recommendation

Scholarships and Cost

Undergraduate International Student Scholarships ranging from $10,000 to $22,000 are awarded to students with outstanding academic records. These are only partial scholarships, and they are offered to a limited number of students. International students must be able to finance their tuition, housing, travel, and personal expenses. As part of the application process, students must provide a letter from their bank‚ Affidavit of Support‚ to certify that sufficient funds are available. Visit our Cost and Aid page for our current undergraduate rates.

Each year, we will offer two annual #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarships, renewable scholarships that cover a minimum of 50% tuition to selected international undergraduates. The scholarship recognizes international students who have a vision for enhancing intercultural understanding and have demonstrated leadership abilities through prior high school and community experiences. 

I-20 Policy and Visa Information

Upon acceptance to the University, we will issue an I-20 form. The I-20 will be mailed to the student's permanent address as listed on the admissions application. The Admissions Office should be notified if you move or change your address during the enrollment process. For the full I-20 policy click here. You will need the I-20 in order to obtain an F-1 visa. For more information about the visa process, please visit the‚ Bureau of Consular Affairs. It is also advised that you utilize the EducationUSA center in your home country.


Western New England University is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges holds many other prestigious accreditations.